Saturday, June 15, 2013

Brake Booster Rebuild

Recently, I have been noticing that my brakes were not disengaging after a stop, actually more like gradually building up and NOT releasing during a drive.  A typical drive consisted of me starting off fine, making a few random stops around the neighborhood, but then noticing that friction was being applied to the brakes even after I had let off the brakes, meaning, when I was in neutral, I was actually slowing down.  The pedal was very stiff and did not let me push down at all.  My temporary fix was to loosen the bleeder screw at the front calipers to relieve this "pressure" and be on my way again after keeping a close eye on my brake fluid level.  So, after some input from the 2CylinderHondas Yahoo! Group, I am starting at the brake booster, specifically the stuck aluminum piston within the booster.


This is a picture of the second type of Brake Booster for the Honda 600s.  This one features an aluminum canister, 3 bolts holding the cylinder to the plate and has the breather on the bottom which is fastened on by a clip.  Notice the crystallization of the brake fluid?  Booooo!

A peak at the Master Cylinder.  Next on the "To Do" list.  It's suffering from lots of crystallization too!

A look into the can, yuck!  Not suppost to be here, but here it is; chunky, gunky, nasty fluid.


2 comments:

  1. Hi did you ever rebuild this booster I'm in that process of rebuilding mine but I don't know where to find the seals, or parts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty article! I found some useful information in your blog, it was awesome to read,thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing..

    Hydroboost Units

    ReplyDelete